Sunday, June 14, 2009

I do


Finally one of the first DIY projects of many is done and I can cross off my list. Exciting right :-D I created I Do letters, I want to make some tables really stand out, like hello my cake table! I will be making a fake cake 4 tiers, tiffany style and possible blinged out (the hubby would really love the bling!)

But on the same note, I will be baking at least 3 real cakes to have cut up and served to my guest. Good times right. All baking will be done at least 2 days before. With my favorite or "our" favorite being made last 1 night before, phew, a lot of work right! All good, it cuts the budget in half and it will be a lot of fun and show what a damn good baker I am!

The table to continue to give you a visual will have a white table cloth, with blue tulle around the table (like a table skirt) with twinkle lights within the tulle, the I do letters on the table with sprinkles of bling and glitter to really make the table glow.

The I do Letters, are simple wood letters you can get from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnn or a few other places. I purchased mine from JoAnn's.
Each letter cost me around $1 and some change per letter.

I also purchased a paint bruch (.50cents) and 1 vile of Blue glitter($1.00) and craft glue (.75cents)

I placed the letter on a heavy folder but you can use a book, or something that has a little weight to it. I covered the letter section by section with the craft glue and shoke the glitter feriously. Once the glitter was on I lifted the letter and dusted it off onto the folder to catch the excess glitter, which saves you glitter and really helps you get your moneys worth!

Take a look at the letters! They need a final coat of glitter, but the bulk of the work is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment