Thursday, June 25, 2009

The budget

The budget, the thing I think all brides dread. We are on a servere budget like the bride that has the $2000 wedding I am looking around the same thing or less. I think I am pretty thrifty and enjoy a good sale. Although this week a lone I saved a ton of money but not eating lunch out of the office not one day!!! Now working on a budget should be no thing, since I work for a non profit where budgets are always a crying matter!

Lately I have noticed all the hubbub about budgets and I am almost embrassed when I see other couples who have sent oh lets say $50K, is there not something else besides a wedding that you could spend that money and use. With todays economy I still can't believe folks can spend that on a wedding ( well I am sure they don't work for a non profit)

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all a breakdown of my budget or at least what has been spent so far.

(sorry these are in no kinda order)

Wedding Blog (free, thanks google)
Wedding Dress Ebay $350 included shipping (purchased from before)
Church Free (but will give the church a donation)

Save the dates Vista Print $34.00
Postage (already had from before)$10 a the most or less

Bridesmaid Newsletters:
Folder $1.50
Printing Free
Postage $1.50x 4

Candy Buffet
Jar 1 $6.99
square Jar borrowed
Round jar $2.99
Mosaic Bowls purchased from before $2.00 ea clearance after xmas sale Michaels

Oh and I recently purchased the lovely Gocco $143.00

So far I thinking I am doing good!

No comments:

Post a Comment