Monday, November 9, 2009

Let the Recaps begin!


Hi Folks, So I am back after a much needed and hopefully deserved break/mini vacation. I finally got some pictures back so starting today and the next blogs to come I will re-caping the big day.

SO one area I can def. re-cap would be the gown, if you are following my blog on here or on my personal blog you will know I was having major gown issues even up and til the day before (Yikes, is all I can) My lovely gown originally purchased a yr ago for our first wedding no longer fit about a month prior to the wedding, with quick and novice fingers, I went to the web looking for inexpensive, but still wow worthy gown to wear to replace it.

Well I was in luck and came across Craigslist you know where all of us brides on a severe budget go to look for vendors and up and coming folks to help us out. Well I came across a gorgeous back up dress, took one look at it, and the price and said oh I must have. Well with my luck it didn't fit, this dress was way tooo big and there was not enough time in the world to have it altered.


So leading up to the Friday before (yes the day before the wedding) my first day off from work ( oddly enough I couldn't get any days off really, lovely folks aren't they, but I'll touch on that later) rushed off to a last minute store I knew of called Shingar. Which is this great Indian Store, that happened to have prom dresses and WEDDING DRESSES. I looked through many and finally came across the dress. Not as fussy as my first dress but still simple, gorgeous, elegant and just oh I was ready to wear it. Now if I had thought to go there first, this would have been a huge savings in my wedding budget.

My dress originally was worth over $500 but with my quick and nible fingers I found on Ebay for $150 less. The new gown purchased was purchased for under $200 now you can't beat that and it was quality made, no pushing sales ladies and it will keep for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment