Tuesday, November 17, 2009

and they ate cake



My husband and I are both fairly picky eaters, well to be exact I am picky and he picks everything else off my plate. When it came time to decide on a cake I knew this time around exactly what I wanted.



Design wise, something simple and elgant, not a whole lot of fuss, but something that looks good on a white vintage cake stand. Flavor wise, no Fondant, I wanted the cake to not just look good but to taste delish! Now we both looove carrot cake and chocolate cake and lemon cake, but we wanted to also be considerate to what our guest might enjoy.


So KISS (keep it simple stupid) We went with a 2 tier cake, top layer vanilla and bottom tier chocolate with no filling, with buttercream and by far it was the best tasting wedding cake ever. I even took pieces to work after the fact and people loooved it. We did decide to freeze a slice and save it for our anniversary next year.

Cake table decorations, I made I Do Letters in our colors and went back and forth on Cake Servers. I had actually purchased two sets, one set was a cheap set cause I really couldn't find what I wanted. The last set was purchased the year before at a yard sale and low in behold after some last minute research and they ended up being an expensive set like crazy expensive.

Oh the baker I forgot to mention was fab, she was local, well local to her area and about an hour from us. To save us on cost we, meaning I, picked up the cake, she even planned my drive and how I drive in making sure, she Prepped the cake for me. She built a lip in the box so that even if the cake slid it wouldn't mess it up. So the delivery (me driving at 90 to make it home in time) the cake was safe and not destroyed!

I loved our cake and because we had so much left over we are still currently eating a slice or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment