Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beauty and the Beast


So for those who might not know, besides doing the whole weight thing, I am also taking this journey much farther then I could even imagine, that next step or continuing step is my hair. My hair journey is a whole nother story! A long time ago I had what I thought was healthy hair, I would set my self up once a month for a creamy crack appointment, hours and hours out of my day on a Saturday morning, for smooth super straight hair.

I have looked back at old pictures and just have been amazed at really how long my hair was getting, which was almost shoulder length, not quite but close. I got one trim and it was all down hill from there. Since then it has been hell on earth to get it back to that state. So finally this year after reading blog after blog after blog I decided to make the jump. I started transitioning in April 09, I learned how to do twists and braid outs for the summer which was super cute. Finally when most of the relax ends had left me, I finally BC'ed(Big Chopped) in December 09. A huge change for me, into a short mini flordia evans as I called it. Now end of February almost March. I had a short/medium size fro and I LOVE IT! I love how I can pull pieces here and there and they are wicked curly! I am still learning what my hair likes and dislikes, I think which is the hardest part. Soon I am going to go into some protective styles like braids until it grows out a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment